Sunday, February 21, 2016

Whose strength are you relying on?

Most people have heard the story of Samson and Delilah. Samson was strong but had many weaknesses, his biggest weakness was his pride and vanity, He believed to much in himself and not the Lord.

He believed all he did was of his own doing and that he was invincible his heart had strayed away from God.

Mankind today has this same problem our hearts have strayed far from God, we believe to much in ourselves and our accomplishments and have forgotten that it is only by God's grace, goodness and provision that we have anything.

In the end Samson came back and ask God to help him and recognized his need for a Savior. Mankind also will recognize this need one day, for every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.
My prayer is that mankind will realize this before it is to late for them.

Are you trusting in yourself today as your own lord and savior? If so ask God to reveal to you His truth, and let you see what He has done for you already.

Read the entire story of Samson in the book of Judges in the Bible and see what happens when we we rely on ourselves, we will let ourselves and others down every time.

Because she nagged him day after day and pleaded with him until she wore him out,  he told her the whole truth and said to her, “My hair has never been cut, because I am a Nazirite to God from birth. If I am shaved, my strength will leave me, and I will become weak and be like any other man.” When Delilah realized that he had told her the whole truth, she sent this message to the Philistine leaders: “Come one more time, for he has told me the whole truth.” The Philistine leaders came to her and brought the money with them. Then she let him fall asleep on her lap and called a man to shave off the seven braids on his head. In this way, she made him helpless, and his strength left him. Then she cried, “Samson, the Philistines are here! ” When he awoke from his sleep, he said, “I will escape as I did before and shake myself free.” But he did not know that the Lord had left him. The Philistines seized him and gouged out his eyes. They brought him down to Gaza and bound him with bronze shackles, and he was forced to grind grain in the prison. He called out to the Lord : “Lord God , please remember me. Strengthen me, God, just once more. With one act of vengeance, let me pay back the Philistines for my two eyes.” Samson took hold of the two middle pillars supporting the temple and leaned against them, one on his right hand and the other on his left. Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines.” He pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the leaders and all the people in it. And the dead he killed at his death were more than those he had killed in his life.

Judges 16:16-21, 28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment