Wednesday, February 10, 2016

There is a better way

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is here in John 21, the disciples return to their lives before they met Jesus, they had given up on themselves they failed and had deserted Jesus when He was arrested and crucified.

But Jesus had not given up on them, this is the 3rd time He comes to them after His resurrection, and He wants them to know how much He loves them.

He sees them fishing and says to them , did you catch anything?

For they had not caught anything all night. (Jesus was asking a rhetorical question, He knew the answer)

Then Jesus says cast your net to the other side, what He is saying is hey there guys there is a better way, My way.

They then recognize it is Jesus and come to Him.

Jesus is saying stop doing what your doing it is okay, I can't rely just on you, but you can always rely on me.


How about you, are you still doing things your way?

If so read John 21:1-17 and see that Jesus way is the only way.

When daybreak came, Jesus stood on the shore. However, the disciples did not know it was Jesus. “Men,”  Jesus called to them, “you don’t have any fish, do you? ” “No,” they answered. “Cast the net on the right side of the boat,” He told them, “and you’ll find some.” So they did, and they were unable to haul it in because of the large number of fish.John 21:4-6 

At that time Jesus said,  “I praise   You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to infants.  Yes, Father, because this was Your good pleasure.   All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows   the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son desires   to reveal Him.  “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment