Monday, February 8, 2016

Holiness it's what I long for.

Israel was in captivity in Egypt for over 400 years when God set them free with Moses leading the way.

They had adapted Egypt's ways and rituals into their own, God led them out but had to teach them His holiness.

Like Israel when God set's us free from captivity we need to unlearn our old ways and learn His holiness, this means we must let Him lead us and work in our lives. We must learn to seek Him. We must submit to His ways for they are perfect.

Do not harden your hearts to what God is doing in your life, He is teaching you and I holiness.
Read the stories of the wilderness journey today see how God moved and directed Israel, then reflect over your journey and see how God is directing your life and teaching you His holiness. And thank Him for rescuing you from captivity.

Consecrate yourselves and be holy, for I am Yahweh your God. Keep My statutes and do them; I am Yahweh who sets you apart. “You are to keep all My statutes and all My ordinances, and do them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live will not vomit you out.  And I promised you: You will inherit their land, since I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey. I am Yahweh your God who set you apart from the peoples.

Leviticus 20:7-8, 22, 24

No comments:

Post a Comment