Saturday, October 24, 2015

The mountain of God

Most of us have the perspective God has us where He wants us when things are smooth and everything is perfect and right in the world. We want to live on the mountain of God, we just want to take the tram to the top instead of the journey through the valleys and up the rocky mountainside.

I have never seen a mountain that is smooth up and down, there are rocks, ravines, trees, weeds, you name it there are obstacles one most overcome to make it to the top.

With the help of God and only with the help of God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit we scale life's mountains, David said the Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want, what a beautiful picture of peace and security. A shepherd guides and guards His sheep in the pastures of life and up the mountainsides, a sheep listens to the masters call and knows that it is safe and secure on the journey.

God has each of us where He chooses , our journey may not seem safe and secure, but there is know greater place you can be than in the shepherds hands going through the valleys or up the mountains of life , instead of wondering off on our own and away from God let us also say "the Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want." and let Him lead us on our journey.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


Psalm 23:1-6

Hospital day 17

No comments:

Post a Comment