Saturday, August 25, 2018

The chains that bind us

Mankind is held in bondage by 3 things, sin, sorrow and death.

Jesus is the only key for freedom from this bondage.

He became sin for me!
He is the man of sorrows!
He holds the keys to death and hades!

Are you bound by sin today? Confess it to Christ, admit your a sinner; (we all are ) admit you need Him, ask Him to save you from your sin and separation from God the Father.

Are you bound by sorrow of past or present mistakes? Is your soul sorrowful because of others? Then call upon the name of Jesus ask for His peace, ask for forgiveness if need be,and Christ will set you free from the bondage of condemnation, He bore our sorrows and sin on the cross and took our punishment, 

Are you fearful of death? Or are you dying? We all will pass away from this life, unless the Lord comes first to take us home, but we need not fear death as a child of God death will only take us into His presence, Christ has overcome the grave and He is in you and you are in Him and He is over death and the grave.

God's word says;

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
John 14:6 NLT

“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf: “Be reconciled to God.” He made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
2 Corinthians 5:20-21 CSB

“He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.”
Isaiah 53:3-5 NKJV

“When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead man. He laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid. I am the First and the Last, and the Living One. I was dead, but look — I am alive forever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and Hades.” Revelation 1:17-18 CSB

“I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. “But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.””

Revelation 21:3-8 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment