Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Under the feet of Jesus

Our lives are momentary reflections of what is going on around us, we are driven by the moment, life is an emotional roller coaster.

We focus on things instead of God, others and then ourselves. It's easy to be distracted and get caught up in the sea of life,  living in a busy world is distracting and we can be dragged out to sea easily if we don't tread lightly and stay away from the affairs of this world.

Life is overwhelming, depression, fear, anxiety, anger, grief, financial problems, health problems, family problems, they seem more intense as the days press on, even worse around holidays, in reality ,they are the same, our focus is changed because we are reflecting on them and dwelling on them, each of these things are all part of our story, which is a part of God's story. He is big enough, great enough and has overcome all of these things, we need to turn our eyes upon Him and trust Him.

We must make the choice to get out of the current that drags us down, if you get in over your head treading the waters of life, remember the waters are still under the feet of Jesus, reach up and take hold of His hands, focus on His face, listen to His voice. 

We must grab hold of these truths, cling to Christ and live our lives in a manner that the Lord's name will be exalted, we must choose moment by moment if need be who will live for, me, myself and I, or Jesus, others and you.

If you want the Joy of the Lord in your life then He must have first place always, when He is the desire of your heart everything else will fall into place.

God's word says this:

“I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you, always praying with joy for all of you in my every prayer, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to think this way about all of you, because I have you in my heart, and you are all partners with me in grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and establishment of the gospel. For God is my witness, how deeply I miss all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment, so that you can approve the things that are superior and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God.”
Philippians 1:3-11 HCSB

“Immediately Jesus spoke to them. “Have courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” “Lord, if it’s You,” Peter answered Him, “command me to come to You on the water.” “Come! ” He said. And climbing out of the boat, Peter started walking on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid. And beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me! ” Immediately Jesus reached out His hand, caught hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt? ” When they got into the boat, the wind ceased. Then those in the boat worshiped Him and said, “Truly You are the Son of God! ””
Matthew 14:27-33 HCSB





No comments:

Post a Comment