Monday, July 30, 2018

A constant state of motion


Life, a great gift from God to each of us , a constant state of motion that continues to keep us moving forward to the end no matter what our plans are, life can seem cruel, fast-paced, uneasy, frustrating, unfair, overwhelming or pleasant, good, perfect and trouble free ,  either way life is life and one day the life we now live will all come to an end, the secret to living is knowing that you are in the hands of God, and God is in control. 

We are given by God every opportunity to serve Him where He places us, the problem is we focus on us and not Him and we get stuck there instead of moving on.

God is always working in us, through us and for us, when we get stuck we are not in motion, God has great plans for each of us and His plans include our growth, spiritually. He is conforming us into the image of His Son, which is a forward motion,  not sideways or backward if you’re going backward or sideways know it is not what God has in store for us.

God places in us in different situations not so He can see how we will react, but that we will know that He is God, we can complain, fret or go with Him. 

None of us plan on getting sick, having cancer, being financially bankrupt, or having our lives come to a complete stop with the unexpected death of a loved one, but God is not surprised in any of these situations He is there with us.

When I put Christ above my comfort and convenience, I don't think of me or my problems I think of Him, and all He has done for me, is doing for me and what He will do which is see me through whatever comes my way. I have peace in Christ for He is my hope and salvation.

We can have peace in the midst of the storms of life knowing that God is for us  and that in His Hands we have nothing to fear, ever. This confidence is not in our flesh or circumstances but in God alone, we can rest assured in the promises of His word, and in the presence of His Holy Spirit. He is my confidence and strength, I pray He is yours.

The more time we spend in prayer the more time we spend with Him in His word and in fellowship with other believers, the more we see God working in the lives of us and others, God’s word says there is nowhere we can go to escape God’s presence. 
It is time we start living as if we are in the presence of God  because we are.

God’s word says this;

“You show that you are Christ’s letter, delivered by us, not written with ink but with the Spirit of the living God — not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such is the confidence we have through Christ before God. It is not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God. He has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

For if what was set aside was glorious, what endures will be even more glorious. Since, then, we have such a hope, we act with great boldness.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.”
2 Corinthians 3:3-6, 11-12, 17-18 CSB

“Lord, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I stand up; you understand my thoughts from far away. You observe my travels and my rest; you are aware of all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know all about it, Lord. You have encircled me; you have placed your hand on me. This wondrous knowledge is beyond me. It is lofty; I am unable to reach it. Where can I go to escape your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there. If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits, even there your hand will lead me; your right hand will hold on to me.”
Psalms 139:1-10 CSB

“I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Now if I live on in the flesh, this means fruitful work for me; and I don’t know which one I should choose.”

Philippians 1:6, 21-22 CSB

No comments:

Post a Comment