Sunday, April 10, 2016

Yesterday's tomorrow is today!

As a young man I put off seeing my father on father's day 1991, I talked to him on the phone told him I loved him and that tomorrow we would see him and have dinner with him.

That night he had a massive heart attack and died at the ripe old age of 51 , I never saw him alive again.

I put off until tomorrow what I should have done today, I have lived my life from that day forward trying my best to never do that again.


This I know beyond a shadow of doubt.

Today is yesterday's tomorrow, many had plans for yesterday's tomorrow that will never take place.

None of us are promised yesterday's tomorrow, we must choose this day to live, to come to God and get right, you can't come to Him clean only He can cleanse you.

Today do not harden your hearts, today surrender them to Him. For today's, tomorrow may never come to you.

What are you putting off today, that you said to yourself or someone else yesterday, tomorrow I will take care of that.

Here is what God's word says at a glimpse

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years. Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart; they have not known my ways.' As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest.'"


Hebrews 3:7-11 ESV

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.


James 4:13-17 ESV

"See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way that I am commanding you today, to go after other gods that you have not known.


Deuteronomy 11:26-28 ESV

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


Hebrews 13:8 ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment