Thursday, January 14, 2016

How will they know?

There are so many who have no hope, who are discouraged and weak. The ways of the world are not the ways of God. Each day we wake with the choice to serve God out of love and obedience and face the world, or serve our own self interest.

When we serve with compassion we will speak with love, kindness and gentleness a lesson I need to relearn each day at times, I can be quick to lash out in my flesh. But the more time I spend with God ,I see I need to confront our world with His passion and love.

God reminds me that the world does not have His Spirit in them, they see things differently because they walk in the darkness, not the light. He says to let the Holy Spirit speak out of gentleness, kindness, peace, and love knowing that He is long-suffering not willing that any should perish. And that if they reject His message it is Him they reject and that truly breaks my heart.

I can do nothing to change that, I can speak , pray and be obedient, today as I read ,God gently reminded me this is how we are to live, I pray His words encourage you today to share the gospel message out of love with someone,for the same gospel that changed me, can change you or someone today, but unless they hear it how will they know?

1st Thessalonians 5:12 Now we ask you, brothers, to give recognition  to those who labor among you and lead you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to regard them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace  among yourselves. 14 And we exhort you, brothers:  warn those who are irresponsible,  comfort the discouraged, help the weak, be patient  with everyone. 15 See to it that no one repays evil for evil  to anyone,  but always pursue what is good for one another and for all.
16 Rejoice  always!
17 Pray constantly.
18 Give thanks in everything,
for this is God’s will  for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Don’t stifle the Spirit.
20 Don’t despise prophecies,
21 but test all things.
Hold on to what is good.
22 Stay away  from every kind of evil.
23 Now may the God of peace  Himself sanctify you completely. And may your spirit,  soul, and body be kept sound and blameless for the coming of our Lord  Jesus Christ.  24 He who calls  you  is faithful, who also will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment