Thursday, May 3, 2018

We have higher calling

God made men watchmen, a watchman’s job is to be the lookout to warn the city when the enemy is coming, if the enemy can take out the watchman he can take the rest of the city with ease. 

Men we need to be watchful at all times, knowing we are in a war, knowing our enemy is always on the prowl waiting to attack. We have laid down this mantel, and have surrendered in many cases, just as Adam did in the garden of Eden.

Christ took back this authority when He came and conquered sin and death, He gave that authority to you and I. 

God’s word says this;
Be Alert, stand firm in the faith, be courageous act like a man your every action must be done in love.1st Corinthians 16:13-14 HCSB

This is a heavy task laid upon us by the Holy Spirit, but it is not an impossible task, it is only possible with the Holy Spirit’s help.

When we fail, it is because we have walked in our flesh and not in the Spirit.
We must take responsibility for our actions, repent and ask God for His help and restoration.

We must realize the war we are in, and know God has warned us about our enemy, we must learn to walk in the Holy Spirit and not our flesh.

When we walk in our flesh we are ruled by pride, laziness and worry. These affect not only our life but the lives of those around us, they influence our behavior, our relationships and what God has called us to do.

God has warned us, we have a real enemy, he wants to devour us ,kill us, destroy us. 

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your cares on him, because he cares about you. Be sober-minded, be alert. Your adversary the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can devour. Resist him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by your fellow believers throughout the world. The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little while. To him be dominion forever. Amen.” 1 Peter 5:6-11 CSB

Either we are not taking God seriously or not taking the devil seriously, ignoring the devils existence, goals and power is a serious mistake, ignoring God and His word is even a bigger mistake.

If you’re warned that there is someone waiting to attack you when you walk around the corner, do you just keep walking like no one is there? Or do you take precautions and call for help?

I would call for help, that is the wise thing to do, why don’t we do that in the spiritual realm? Clearly God has warned us, clearly He says He will help us, clearly He waits for us to call on Him.

We cannot protect our families, our communities, our Nation on our own, we need God’s help, provision, and protection. 

We need to surrender each day to Him, humbly in prayer. 

We need to acknowledge God and His providence over our lives,

We need to walk in obedience to His word.

We need God in every part of our lives.

“Jesus said again, “Truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the gate. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand, since he is not the shepherd and doesn’t own the sheep, leaves them and runs away when he sees a wolf coming. The wolf then snatches and scatters them. This happens because he is a hired hand and doesn’t care about the sheep. “I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and my own know me, just as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I lay down my life for the sheep. But I have other sheep that are not from this sheep pen; I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. Then there will be one flock, one shepherd. This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life so that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have the right to lay it down, and I have the right to take it up again. I have received this command from my Father.””

John 10:7-18 CSB

1 comment: