Friday, November 27, 2015

Who is the least amongst us?

" I really only Love God as much as I love the person I love least." Dorothy Day

This quote has stuck in my heart, how much do I love those who hate us, or I consider the last people I want to be around, do I see them as Christ sees them? That He died for them as He did me? That they only walk in darkness because they do not see the light?

There are those who hate us as a people, but we are not called to be loved by all. There are those who would kill us instead of speak or live amongst us, are we not called to share Jesus with them?

Jesus walked among those who hated Him and shared the truth with them. The Apostles did the same and so did Daniel, Jonah, Jeremiah and the prophets of old.

We live in troubling times yes, but they have always been troubling the Bible says there is nothing new under the sun that has been will still be.

The question comes down to this how much do we love God, is it enough to share Him with those we only love or with everyone even those who hate us, the least of these?

For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly. For rarely will someone die for a just person — though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die. But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.  For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, then how much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!  And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have now received this reconciliation through Him.


Romans 5:6-11

If I speak human or angelic languages but do not have love, I am a sounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body in order to boast but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not conceited, does not act improperly, is not selfish, is not provoked, and does not keep a record of wrongs. Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for languages, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when the perfect comes, the partial will come to an end. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put aside childish things.


1 Corinthians 13:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment