Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Buck stops with you!

Children very seldom take responsibility for something they have done wrong, and while sometimes their response can be cute or funny this action spills over into society as they get older. The difference between a child and a mature person is their willingness to take personal responsibility for their actions.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

God's word teaches us the concept of personal responsibility: Ezekiel 18:20“The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them”

Personal responsibility is tied to the law of you reap what you sow.

Galatians 6:7-9 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Isaiah 3:10-11 “Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds. Woe to the wicked! Disaster is upon them! They will be paid back for what their hands have done”

God clearly defined right and wrong, and His people are expected to do what is right. This has been the case ever since the beginning in the Garden of Eden, when Adam was given a specific command and expected to obey it.

God held Adam and Eve accountable, expelled them from the garden and they eventually tasted physical death because of this. Genesis 3.

God expects us to take personal responsibility in every area of our lives.

 Able-bodied people should work for their food.2 Thessalonians 3:10“The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat”

 Men are to take responsibility for providing for their households . 1 Timothy 5:7-8 Command these things as well, so that they may be without reproach. But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Today's society in America people do all they can to avoid personal responsibility through blame-shifting. From the small town America to the nations capital, personal responsibility is avoided like the plague in our nation of political correctness.

God sees and knows what our hearts attitude is, when mankind chooses to deceive and shift blame, God knows.

From the beginning Adam tried to blame Eve for his sin , then God, Eve blamed the Serpent (Genesis 3). Cain tried to dodge responsibility (Genesis 4:9). Pilate attempted to absolve his guilt in the matter of the crucifixion of Christ: “‘I am innocent of this man’s blood,’ he said. ‘It is your responsibility!’” (Matthew 27:24).

Every attempt to pass the buck is foolish. Numbers 32:23“....You may be sure that your sin will find you out” .

Every person has to take personal responsibility to repent and believe in Jesus, and when you don't God says your still responsible.

John 3:16-19 “For God so loved  the world,  that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not  perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.  And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

Salvation is found in Christ, alone. Judgment is held for those who reject Christ, rewards are given to those who have accepted Christ.

Harry Truman had a sign on his desk as President that simply said " the buck stops here"

Every person will stand before God one day and give account on their words and deeds, I wonder what will your response be?

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

God's response is already recorded.

Matthew 25:31-46

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him,   then he will sit on his glorious throne.  Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.  And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.  Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,  I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’  Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’  And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’    “Then he will say to those on his left,   ‘Depart from me, you   cursed, into   the eternal fire prepared for   the devil and his angels.  For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,  I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’  Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’  Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’  And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment