Monday, March 17, 2014

JOY

A wise old man once saw a lovely and happy young wife and said, "I would love to meet your husband. He must be very special because I can see it on your face." The Bible explains: A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken (Proverbs 15:13). We should remember the Bible says the fruit of the Spirit is joy (Galatians 5:22). Happy homes are healthy homes.
Much can be said about a happy home. God's Word says laughter is medicine: A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones (Proverbs 17:22). The mandate from Scripture puts the responsibility for joyful family life on both the husband and wife. Our homes are to be refuges of happiness, not battlegrounds of sorrow.
God's Word insists that husbands live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun (Ecclesiastes 9:9). It is important we not just endure our husband-wife relationship but that we bring joy to it. This is urgent, because the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
We would like to thank Bible Discovery TV for providing this plan. For more information, please visit: www.biblediscoverytv.com
Psalms 119 : 1How happy are those whose way is blameless,
who live according to the Lord’s instruction!
2Happy are those who keep His decrees
and seek Him with all their heart.
3They do nothing wrong;
they follow His ways.
4You have commanded that Your precepts
be diligently kept.
5If only my ways were committed
to keeping Your statutes!
6Then I would not be ashamed
when I think about all Your commands.
7I will praise You with a sincere heart
when I learn Your righteous judgments.
8I will keep Your statutes;
never abandon me.
בBet
9How can a young man keep his way pure?
By keeping Your word.
10I have sought You with all my heart;
don’t let me wander from Your commands.
11I have treasured Your word in my heart
so that I may not sin against You.
12Lord, may You be praised;
teach me Your statutes.
13With my lips I proclaim
all the judgments from Your mouth.
14I rejoice in the way revealed by Your decrees
as much as in all riches.
15I will meditate on Your precepts
and think about Your ways.
16I will delight in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.
ג

No comments:

Post a Comment